Privacy at ClaritasThis Privacy Statement is effective as of 01/01/2020 Claritas is a data-driven marketing company that helps marketers find their best prospects, improve marketing execution and deliver superior ROI. In creating its products and solutions, Claritas is committed to the responsible use of Personal Information and respecting consumer privacy. Claritas works with over 1,200 clients across every major industry, some of which have been partners for over 20-years. On this page we provide the following:
- Information on how you can easily opt-out of your information being used in our marketing products.Go here to opt-out.
- A description of how we collect and use information collected on our websites and for business to business purposes. See Website Privacy.
- Information for Individuals in the State of California, US
Opt-Out of Claritas Marketing Database
Information for Individuals in the State of California, US
California Consumer Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request Information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services;
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances.
Collection of Personal Information from California Residents
Our marketing databases have consumer information including information related to personal identifiers (offline and online), purchases, demographics and interests and self-reported information about consumers and their households. We obtain this information from a number of sources, including from public data sources such as census data, telephone directories, real property recorder and assessor information, and from other information providers (e.g., website owners) with permission to share the data. Our data is sourced ethically and these companies commit to providing proper notice about information collection and use and to abiding by all applicable laws, regulations and industry guidelines. We do not have Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, bank account numbers or other financial accounts, credit card numbers or password information in our marketing databases.
We do not have actual knowledge that we collect or maintain information about minors under the age of 13. Minors should not attempt to use or access/deletion portal or any other website form.
We have listed below the personal information we may have collected from California residents in the past 12 months.
Category of personal information we collect: Identifiers
(Including but not limited to names, addresses, email addresses, Cookie IDs, Mobile ID etc.)
Categories of sources from which we may obtain your Identifiers include: Business to Business Companies, Consumer Survey Companies, Surveys from Consumers/Self-Reported Data; Data Compiling Companies; Public or Government Entities
The purposes for collecting your Identifiers include: Performing services on behalf of our Client businesses including providing marketing and advertising services; providing analytics services
Category of personal information we may collect: Personal Characteristics
(including but not limited to marital status, veteran status, age etc.)
Categories of sources from which we may obtain your Personal Characteristics include: Data Compiling Companies
The purposes for collecting your Personal Characteristics include: Performing services on behalf of our Client businesses including providing marketing and advertising services; providing analytics services
Category of personal information we may collect: Commercial Information (Including but not limited to records of personal property, products or services purchased, purchasing histories)
Categories of sources from which we may obtain your Commercial Information include: Data Compiling Companies
The purposes for collecting your Commercial Information include: Performing services on behalf of our Client businesses including providing marketing and advertising services; providing analytics services
Category of personal information we may collect: Internet/Electronic Activity (Including, but not limited to: IP Address, Cookie ID, Website activity)
Categories of sources from which we may obtain your Internet/Electronic Activity include: Indirectly from Individuals by use of online websites including claritas.com website; Data Compiling Companies; Digital Advertising Platforms
The purposes for collecting your Internet/Electronic Activity include: Internal Marketing Analytics
Category of personal information we may collect: Protected Identifiers (telephone number)
Categories of sources from which we may obtain your Protected Identifiers include: Data Compiling Companies
The purposes for collecting your Protected Identifiers include: Performing services on behalf of our Client businesses including providing marketing and advertising services; providing analytics services.
Category of personal information we may collect: Geolocation Data
Categories of sources from which we may obtain your Geolocation data include: Data Compiling Companies
The purposes for collecting your Geolocation data include: Performing services on behalf of our Client businesses including providing marketing and advertising services; providing analytics services. Claritas does NOT track movement of consumers from one location to the next, nor do we compile that information.
Here is information about the sale and sharing of your personal information.
Selling/sharing your personal information
Categories of third parties we may sell your personal information to
Consumer Packaged Goods Companies, Communication Services Companies, Parenting Product Companies, Consumer Services Companies, Health and Wellness Product and Service Companies, Marketing Data Companies, Data Analytics Providers, Operating Systems and Platforms, Social Networks, Consumer Data Resellers, Educational Institutions and Companies, Electronic Companies, Energy and Utility Companies, Financial Services Companies, Food and Beverage Companies, Lifestyle and Interests Product Companies, Manufacturing Companies, Not for Profit Organizations, Technology/Computer Software Companies, Telecommunications Companies, Travel, Leisure & Entertainment Companies
We do not sell protected identifiers such as your telephone number.
Purpose of Sale
Direct Marketing (offline and online)
Categories of third parties we may otherwise share your personal information with for a business purpose
Advertising Networks, Consumer Data Resellers, Service Providers, Social Networks, Service Providers
You can make requests related to your California privacy rights here:
- Request a report on what information we collect on you, go here: Request a Report
- Request that your information be deleted from our marketing databases, go here: Request to be Deleted
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information, go here: Do Not Sell My Information
You may also make those requests by mail. we will need you to include your full name, complete address, including unit or suite number, gender and age, as well as a telephone number in case we need to contact you. In order to verify your identity and address, we will require a copy of a government issued ID (such as a Driver’s license or passport) as well as a copy of a utility bill in your name. Please do not send original documents. Copies of your documents will be shredded after use.
Mail your request and information to:
8044 Montgomery Road, Suite 455
Cincinnati, OH 45236 USA
You may also make those requests by calling 1-888-994-9312
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, social media, email addresses).
When you make a request, we may ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, or phone number and may use a third party verification provider. We will review the information provided and may request additional information via email or other means to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
Authorized Third-Party Agents
If you are an authorized third-party agent and are submitting a request to know, delete or opt-out on behalf of a consumer, we will accept this request under the following circumstances:
- Provide proof that you have permission from the consumer to submit the request
- Provide proof of your registration with your State’s Secretary of State
- Provide name, address and a valid email address of the consumer such that we may contact them to verify their identity.
Authorized Agents may submit requests to the following email address for review: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or concerns regarding this additional information for individuals in California, please contact email@example.com.
How we collect information
- Information submitted or provided by you: Through or in connection with Claritas’ corporate websites including, without limitation, www.mybestsegments.com, www.Claritas.com; through or in connection with business meetings with actual or potential customers or clients; through or in connection with promotions, meetings, events, and/or trade or industry shows or conferences sponsored by, hosted by, or attended by Claritas and/or Claritas’ employees, representatives, and/or agents; through telephone calls, email communications, and/or other forms of communication with you; through inquiries, from requests for bids or quotes from Claritas, and from orders for Claritas’ services.
- Information collected from third parties: Claritas may collect information, including, business contact information, from third parties, including, information service bureaus, data brokers, social media platforms, and/or industry conference or event organizers or sponsors. We may use the information collected from these third parties for various purposes, including, sending you emails or other communications. In the event you receive such communications you will have the opportunity to optout of receiving communications from us.The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may also include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our services and our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Information collected through automated means:
- Claritas Cookies. Cookies are small files that store certain data on a device or computer. Claritas may use session and persistent cookies for several purposes including, to enable you to use and transverse a website and quality control. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device or computer indefinitely until deleted. A user may disable and/or delete cookies via the user’s browser or otherwise, however; this may limit your use of a website or decrease available website functionality.
- Log Files. Claritas’ websites may automatically gather and store certain information in log files, including, data available from your web browser, such as IP Address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website, third party partners and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
- Opt-out of Cookies: We use Google Analytics cookies and Claritas cookies for internal marketing analytics. Google Analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America in accordance with its privacy practices. To see an overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To opt-out of cookies set by Claritas, make your opt-out request here: Digital Opt-Out
Do Not Track
Claritas does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
How We Use the Information that We Collect?
We may use information to:
- Provide, administer, and communicate with you about Claritas products, promotions, services, events (e.g., webinars), newsletters, and industry knowledge or expertise (e.g., whitepapers, articles);
- Create, supplement, and update Claritas directories and records
- Protect against and prevent fraud and manage risk exposure;
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Operate, evaluate, conduct, and improve Claritas services;
- Process and manage opt-out and unsubscribe requests;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes, and industry standards and practices;
- Conduct marketing and market research activities
- Create and send targeted communications to you regarding your transactions with Claritas;
- Respond to a subpoena or an order of a court or government agency;
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, to protect the safety of an individual or to protect Claritas rights or property; and
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment opportunities.
In the event that you provide Claritas with any feedback, suggestions, or comments regarding Claritas business activities, whether regarding current or future products or services, we may use, apply, and implement such feedback, suggestions, or comments, at our discretion and without any notice, consent, approval, compensation, attribution or credit, and you hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to Claritas all right, title, and interest in and to any such feedback, suggestions, or comments
How do we share your information?
We may share information, as follows:
- Within the Claritas group of companies
- To service providers performing services on our behalf (e.g. email delivery, fraud detection and prevention services). Service providers are authorized to use and disclose the information only as necessary to perform and provide the services for which they are engaged.
- We may disclose information about you: (a) if we are required to do so pursuant to applicable laws or legal or court process; or (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (c) in connection with an investigation of actual or suspected fraud or illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer information about you in the event of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other transaction involving Claritas, including a change of control event.
Where is Information Stored?
Information is stored on servers and systems located in the United States, which servers are licensed, owned, and maintained by or on behalf of Claritas.
What Security Measures Has Claritas Implemented?
Claritas maintains appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect information, including, without limitation, personal information, received or collected by Claritas. Claritas reviews, monitors and evaluates its privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. Transmissions over the Internet and mobile networks are not one hundred percent secure and Claritas does not guarantee the absolute security of such transmissions. Claritas is not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting personal information to Claritas.
This website and our services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
You may opt-out of email marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in any e-mail communication received from us. You may exercise your right to opt-out of all marketing communications from Claritas by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include name, postal address and email address, and specify whether you wish to be opted-out from Email, Social, Display, Postal or All Marketing Messages and Campaigns.
How Long Does Claritas Retain My Information?
Claritas will retain personal information and other information about you for such period of time as may be required or permissible by law.
Questions or Complaints Generally.
8044 Montgomery Road, Suite 455
Cincinnati, OH 45236 USA